Keto Dinner Rolls
Dinner roll are one of the most missed breakfast options on the ketogenic diet. These keto dinner rolls are soft tender and delicious. They would exceed your expectations on a keto diet.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 22 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 2 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 3 Tbsp Butter divided
- 2 Tbsp unflavored protein powder
- 2 large Eggs beaten + 1 for egg wash
- 7 g active dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp erythritol
Preheat oven to 400ºF
Mix dry ingredients ( almond flour, protein powder, yeast, erythritol, and baking powder) together and set aside
Put the butter, and shredded Mozzarella cheese in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 seconds intervals until cheese is evenly melted. Remember to stir in between ( helps to distribute the heat. ) it usually takes me about 1 min 30 secs in total sometimes 2 mins.
Pour dry ingredients into the microwaved cheese and butter mix the and mix with your hands or with a spatula then add the cold eggs. Mix till a ball of dough forms
Grease a 10 in Skillet and line the bottom with parchment paper.
Wet your hands and divide the dough into 8 equal balls
Place them in the greased and lined cast iron skillet.
Brush with egg wash then bake in the oven for 10 to 12 mins or until the top is golden brown.
Bring out of the oven, brush some melted butter on top allow to cool and enjoy.
- These dinner rolls are soft and delicious but they are a bit flatter than regular dinner rolls.
- If you don't want to use protein powder, add 1 Tbsp of coconut flour. I do this because using butter for this recipe makes the dough more oily so addition of the protein powder or coconut flour helps mop it up and brings the dough together.