Keto Pigs in a Blanket
Keto Pigs in a blanket is possible and it's delicious too. Those sausages wrapped in carby dough have been ketofied and are darn delicious you won't even miss the ones your taste buds have been used to all your life up until this point that is.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 1/4 cup superfine almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 Large Eggs (1 will be used for egg wash)
- 7 g instant yeast
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon erythritol optional
Mix dry ingredients and set aside
Melt Mozarella cheese and Cream cheese in the microwave at 30'secs intervals till fully melted. Usually takes 90 secs though this depends on your microwave.
Fold in the dry ingredients into the melted cheese, then add the cold egg. Mix to form a dough.
Let the dough cool down for about 5 mins it's easier to handle when it's not warm.
Preheat oven to 400 F
Line baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silicon mat.
Beat second egg with about 2 tablespoons of water and set aside for egg wash.
Measure out dough by Tablespoonfuls. Put the dough balls in a plate. You should get about 30 dough balls.
Take each dough ball and roll it into a log between your palms, flatten it then wrap a cocktail sausage in it. Pinch edges to seal. Place it on the lined baking sheet.
Repeat process till all the dough is used up.
With a pastry brush, brush the egg wash on the pigs in the blanket.
Bake in the preheated oven on the lower rack for 15 mins or until slightly golden brown
It's ready but don't be tempted to pop it in your mouth it hot hot hot.
Let it cool on baking sheet and enjoy with your choice of dipping sauce.
- A food processor may help you mix the dough better if you would rather not use your hands
- If the dough is too sticky add a bit more almond flour about 2 Tablespoons.
- It's important to let the dough rest. It's a lot easier to handle when it's not warm. You can pop it into the refrigerator for about 15 mins if you have time on your hands.
- Make sure to read this post for tips and tricks for how to use the dough.