Fat head dough hot dog bun
These Keto hot dog buns are soft and delicious and are totally carb lover approved. If you love hot dogs and have been missing the bun since you changed to a low carb sugar free diet, then these keto hot dog buns are made just for you.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
- 1 cup Blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup Ground golden flaxseeds
- 1/2 Tablespoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Instant yeast optional
- 1 Tablespoon Cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large Egg beaten
Preheat oven to 400ºF
Mix dry ingredients ( almond flour, yeast, and baking powdetogether and set aside
Put the cream cheese, and shredded Mozzarella cheese in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 seconds intervals until cheese is evenly melted. Remember to stir in between ( helps to distribute the heat. ) it usually takes me about 1 min 30 secs to a total sometimes 2 mins.
Pour dry ingredients into the microwaved cheese. Mix with your hands or with a spatula then add the cold eggs. Mix till a ball of dough forms
Divide the dough into 4 equal parts. Roll each dough into an 6 in long log. Place logs side by side with just about 1/8 an inch between each log.
Bake at 400 F for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Bring out of the oven, allow to cool.
Assembling the hot dog bun
- If you want a sweeter bread, add 1/2 tsp erythritol
- If the dough is sticker let it rest or pop it into the refrigerator to chill. The dough is easier to handle when cold. Please read more on how to deal with fathead dough in this post.
- I use cold eggs for my fathead dough because i find it easier to handle.
- Make sure to watch the video to help you put things in perspective.