Keto psyllium husk bread
This psyllium husks bread is soft and fluffy and tastes and feels like whole grain or whole wheat bread because of the use of the ever versatile psyllium husks powder in this recipe.
- 1 1/2 cup Blanched almond flour
- 1/2 Tbsp erythritol
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 2 teaspoons Instant dry yeast
- 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup psyllium husks powder
- 1/2 cup Salted butter melted
- 1/2 a cup boiling water
- 2 Large eggs
- 4 egg whites 1/2 cup carton egg whites
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
Preheat oven to 350 F and line loaf pan with parchment paper.
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside
Whisk the egg whites and whole eggs together then add melted butter.
Add dry ingredients to eggs and butter mix, stir to combine
Pour in boiling water to the dough. Whisk with a hand mixer till dough comes together.
Let it rest for 2 mins to activate the psyllium then transfer dough to lined baking pan and bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 mins
- Make sure to watch the video. That is the easiest way to understand a recipe.
- You can substitute the melted butter for coconut oil in this recipe. Make sure to use refined coconut oil to avoid a strong coconut taste.
- You can skip the yeast though I highly recommend it for the true bread taste.