Keto Instant Pot Butter Chicken
Make the best instant pot butter chicken recipe (Murgh Makhani) that’s keto and low carb. An Indian restaurant favorite that can be made into one of the best keto dinner recipes served with cauliflower rice.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Saute time 5 minutes
- 1 15 oz can Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder (substitute with 2 teaspoons of freshly grated ginger)
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp garlic powder (substitute with 4 cloves of garlic)
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin (optional)
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp bouillon powder (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp salt (adjust to taste)
- 2 lbs diced chicken breast or thighs
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
To the inner pot of the instant pot, add the tomato sauce, seasoning blend and diced chicken
Stir to mix chicken with sauce, cover instant pot and set valve to sealing position. Select pressure cooker/manual setting, set timer to 8 mins and high pressure. Do a quick release when the cook time is up.
Scoop out the chicken and set aside,Turn on the saute function of the instant pot, add the heavy cream and butter and let simmer for 2-5 mins.
When saute time is done or the sauce is thickened to your liking, turn off instant pot, scoop cooked chicken back into sauce, stitr and add som chopped parsley.
Serve over cauliflower rice
- I used powdered ginger in this recipe because that is what i had on hand when i was making this recipe. if you prefer fresh ginger, use 2 teaspoons of freshly grated ginger.
- If using diced chicken thighs for this recipe, add an extra 2 mins to the time in this recipe.