Keto Mongolian Beef (Low carb PF Chang's Mongolian Beef copy cat Recipe)
PF Chang’s one of your favorite Chinese has just got a keto make over. This keto Mongolian beef recipe is low carb, sugar free and oh so delicious.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
- 1 1/4 lb Flank or flat iron steak (cut in 1/4 inch strips)
- 3 Tbsp oil of choice (Coconut oil or avocado oil would work)
- 3 Stalks green onions (chopped)
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup keto brown sugar substitute.
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum
Pour oil into a skillet and pan fry steak in a single layer till edges begin to brown.Remember to flip over to other side. Don’t over crowd the pan. Work in batches if you need to. Alternatively, deep fry and drain in a paper towel lined plate. Set meat aside.
Mix the sauce ingredients and in a bowl. Add it to the skillet, and bring to boil. Then add the beef strips into the sauce. Let it simmer on medium heat for about 5 mins. Stir and taste for seasoning adjust with some salt if needed. Turn off heat and stir in the green onions. Serve over Shirataki rice or cauliflower rice.
- I highly recommend low sodium soy sauce. With this you can control the salt in the recipe and adjust according to your taste.
- The xanthan gum may look like it won't blend when mixed with the other sauce ingredients, don't worry when the liquid boils it will blend in.
- See blog post for Xanthan gum substitutes.