Keto grilled cheese is a win for a great LCHF breakfast. Grilled cheese is my favorite way to enjoy Keto breads. With the melted cheese running down the sides of your grilled cheese sandwich, oh my goodness what could be more satisfying and visually appealing than that.
Click here to Pin Keto grilled recipe to your breakfast board.
Keto Grilled Cheese Recipe /Grilled Cheese Sandwich
A grilled cheese sandwich is a sandwich that has a cheese filling. It could either be only cheese or a combination of cheese and meats like ham, chicken or bacon whatever rocks your boat.
This keto grilled cheese sandwich is sure to keep you full for longer. Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner and can definitely be made ahead.
To get the perfect grilled cheese effect you need the perfect keto bread either toasted, plain or grilled.
Today I would be making the classic grilled cheese sandwich which can easily be adapted to preference with your favorite filling.
How to make Keto Grilled Cheese Sandwich.
Before grilled cheese, bread existed so without putting the cart before the horse, let's make some keto bread.
Grab your Keto Bread recipe. It's the most popular recipe on the blog for good reason. It works, tastes great with absolutely no eggy taste.
There are 3 ways to make grilled cheese sandwich. You can make grilled cheese
- On the stove top using a Grill pan or cast iron skillet
- With a Panini press. This 3 in 1 sandwich maker is a great kitchen equipment to have and makes delicious grilled cheese sandwiches and other goodies like keto waffles, Chaffles and burgers.
- In a microwave with or without toasting the bread (This isn't the traditional grilled cheese but..... it tastes good)
What type of cheese do you need to make a grilled cheese sandwich
- American Cheese
- Provolone cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Swiss cheese
What is the best Keto bread for Grilled Cheese?
Any keto bread that isn't eggy and doesn't break apart easily would work perfectly in this keto grilled cheese recipe.
The keto bread recipes on the blog like the almond flour bread and fathead bread both work for grilled cheese sandwiches.
Grilled Cheese and mayo
Some recipes use mayonnaise in addition to cheese. I haven't tried that but I bet it tastes great.
This post may contain Affiliate links. Read full disclosure here.
Variations of a keto grilled cheese sandwich.
- Classic grilled cheese sandwich
- Bacon Grilled Cheese sandwich
- Ham grilled cheese sandwich
- Bacon and Tomato grilled cheese sandwich
- Avocado grilled cheese sandwich
- Chicken Salad grilled cheese sandwich
What are the best sides to serve with grilled cheese sandwich
- Tomato soup
- Jicama fries
Click the links below to view what you need to make Keto Grilled Cheese
For the bread:
- Loaf pan this is the exact one I used
- Blanched Almond flour I use the Wellbees brand or Anthony's brand
- Cream cheese
- Baking Powder
For the grilled Cheese assembly:
If you found this post helpful, share by using the link to this page (not screen shots or copy / paste pls). Spread the love with family, friends and in your favorite Facebook group. Thank you for your support.
To a healthy lifestyle,
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the latest updates!
Nutrition per Serving with Fathead bread: (makes 6 Servings)
Calories: 321| Total Fat: 25.3g | Carbs: 6.2g | Fibre: 0.8g | Protein: 19.5g | Net Carbs: 5.2g
Click here to Pin Keto grilled recipe to your low carb board.
★ Did you make this recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ below!
Keto Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 12 slices Keto bread
- 6 slices cheddar cheese or American cheese
- 3 Tablespoons butter
On the Stove top
- Place cheese between two slices of keto bread of choice,
- Lightly grease the grill pan with butter.
- Place sandwich in the grill pan and cover to help melt the cheese faster. Wait for about 50 secs then flip to the other side and repeat.
With a Panini press:
- Repeat same process in no 1 above. Put in Panini press following manufacturer's instructions.
In the microwave
- Put cheese between toasted or 'un-toasted' keto bread then pop into that microwave for 30 secs to melt cheese. Enjoy!