As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
These delightful M & M cookies are sure to brighten your day as much as they would please your palate. They are Egg-free, low carb, sugar-free and Gluten-free. These melt in your mouth m & m cookies have the perfect crumb. Crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside. These cookies are totally carb lover approved. With a few ingredients let me show you how to make these eye pleasing and tastebuds pleasing sugar free m & m cookies with included step by step photos and video.
Keto M & M Cookies Recipe
Traditional M & M cookies are off limits if you are living a low carb, sugar free lifestyle. That’s where these sugar free m & m cookies come in.
These cookies are sugar free, keto friendly, gluten free and egg free. If you have egg allergies then this one is for you.
They are not vegan but can be veganized by swapping out the butter in this recipe with coconut oil.
Are M & Ms Keto
Traditional m & ms are not keto friendly. But I came across these sugar free chocolate candies that look just like m & m candies with just 1g net carbs per serving.
The draw back is that the sweetener used in these Atkins chocolate candies ( that’s what they are called) is Malitol.
Malitol is a sugar alcohol that is made from the hydrogenation of maltose which is a by product of corn syrup.
Unlike other sugar alcohols like erythritol and xylitol, Malitol has the highest glycemic index (35) and insulin index (27) and a large portion of it is absorbed in the bloodstream.
For this reason, Malitol is not diabetic friendly. Therefore it’s a bit controversial if it’s keto or not.
If you are not diabetic or prediabetic and need to feed your occasional sweet tooth cravings, these sugar free m & m cookies can fit right in.
If you would rather not use these ‘keto friendly’? m & ms, you can swap it out with keto friendly Chocolate chips like Lily’s.
These m & m cookies are not only sugar free, they are gluten free and egg free and can be vegan if you swap out the butter for coconut oil, then use these vegan m & m candies (but they not sugar free) or a vegan keto chocolate chips
How to make Sugar free M & M Cookies
These low carb m & m cookies requires just a few ingredients. Mix up the ingredients, add a few pieces of the Atkins chocolate candies into the dough.
Form dough balls, then pat down the dough balls. Press on a few more sugar free m & m candies on the dough
Bake and enjoy
Ingredients for sugar free m & m cookies.
- Blanched Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Ground golden flax
- Powdered Erythritol or ‘Brown Sugar’ Erythritol.
- Salted butter
- Sugar free pancake syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Sugar free Atkins chocolate candies
The mix of almond flour, coconut flour and flax seed gives these m & m cookies the perfect texture.
The Sugar free syrup:
Just like my Vegan keto gingerbread cookies, the sugar syrup helps to bind the dough together since these cookies are egg free. Can be replaced with keto maple syrup.
Atkins chocolate candies:
These can be swapped out with sugar free chocolate chips
Erythritol is or an erythritol blend sweetener is usually my choice for cookies because it crisps up better. Xylitol works better as a sweetener in homemade keto ice cream recipes.
Xylitol amongst other things helps prevent keto ice creams from freezing rock solid giving it a creamier texture. Erythritol wil make your ice cream freeze really hard.
I chose to use the white powdered Erythritol for this easy m and m cookies recipe but you can also use the ‘brown sugar’ erythritol.
Other sweetener options to use in this m and m cookies recipe included
- Classic Lakanto Monkfruit blend
- Golden Lakanto Monkfruit blend
- If what you have is the granular erythritol, no problem make your own powdered erythritol/ confectioners erythritol like I did in my Keto powdered sugar recipe. You should check that post for tips and recommendations.
- You can decide to make these m and m cookies with or without brown sugar erythritol or regular. If you don’t have brown sugar erythritol you can make yours by following the steps in this post.
How to make M & M Holiday Cookies
The Atkins chocolate candies have a variety of colors and can be easily adapted to any holiday theme or event. It comes in red, blue,
Add the chosen colored candies to this soft m & m cookie dough and you are good to go.
Christmas M & M Cookies Recipe.
To make a Christmas themed m and m cookie, use the red and green candy buttons.
4th of July M & M Cookies
To make 4th of July m and m Cookies, use the red and blue candy buttons. These cookies can easily be adapted to any theme.
Do you love cookies? I do too. Especially the low carb ones. These other cookies on the blog are trending. Grab the recipes now
- Keto Thumbprint Cookies
- Keto Walkers Shortbread fingers copycat recipe
- Vegan Gingerbread men cookies
If you found this post helpful, share by using the link to this page (not screen shots or copy / paste pls). Spread the love with family, friends and in your favorite Facebook group. Thank you for your support.
To a healthy lifestyle
Nutrition per Serving: (makes 12 Servings)
Calories: 133 | Total Fat: 11.9g | Carbs: 5.8g | Fibre: 2.7g | Protein: 1.5g | Net Carbs: 3.1g
Sugar free M and M Cookies
- Cookie Sheet
- 1 1/2 cup blanched Almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut flour
- 1/4 cup erythritol
- 1 Tablespoon Ground golden flax meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup salted butter (Melted)
- 1/2 cup sugar free pancake syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 oz Atkins chocolate candy (about 1/4 cup)
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl set aside
- Add the sugar free pancake syrup, vanilla extract and melted butter.
- Mix to combine and form dough
- Add a few pieces of the sugar free candy buttons to the dough.
- Divide dough into 12 equal parts using a scale.
- Place them on your lined baking sheet and press down lightly.
- Divide the rest of the chocolate buttons equally into 12 portions. Press them lightly on top of each cookie dough
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes