These keto dinner rolls are buttery, soft, tender and delicious. They would exceed your expectations on a keto diet. Dinner rolls are one of the most missed breakfast options on the ketogenic diet. These keto dinner rolls will definitely help you stay focused on this Way Of Eating ( WOE )
Honestly before starting the keto diet. I wasn't one to go crazy over breads. But since starting this WOE. My cravings for bread has increased. Blame it on the psychology of wanting what you can't have lol. These keto dinner rolls always hit the right spot for me just like my best ever keto bread does. This is a similar recipe with some modifications.
How to make Keto dinner rolls
These Keto dinner rolls are made from our good old low carb dough aka the fathead dough but with a little twist. I swapped instead the cheese for butter. You know butter makes stuff ah-mazing right? These keto dinner rolls are to die for. O my yum!!
To make these keto dinner rolls, you will need;
- Butter ( I used my home made butter )
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Almond flour
- instant Yeast (optional)
- Erytritol (optional)
Melt the butter and mozzarella cheese. Add Almond flour then the beaten eggs. Mix, mix mix. Till it all comes together
Divide dough into 8 balls. Place in a greased 10 in skillet. Brush the top of the rolls with egg wash. Bake in a preheated oven at 400 F for 15 mins or until top is lightly golden brown
Brush top with some melted butter. Now tell me what this is, if it isn't some kind of culinary heaven ??
This post may contain Affiliate links. Read full disclosure here.
Click on links below to buy Handy Stuff you need to make these keto dinner rolls!
Hopefully the fact that you can still have 'bread' on a keto diet has inspired You to give this lifestyle a try especially if you are battling with diabetes or morbid obesity.
If you enjoyed this recipe, consider dropping me a comment below and rating it if you tried it out. Remember to share with your family, friends and in your favorite Facebook group. You never know who needs that push.
To a healthy life!
Nutrition per Serving: (makes 8 Servings)
Calories: 269 | Total Fat: 20.6g | Carbs: 6.9g | Fibre: 2.3g| Protein: 13.4g | Net Carbs: 4.3g
★ Did you make this recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ below!
Keto Dinner Rolls
- 1 ½ cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 2 ½ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoon Butter ( reserve 1 Tablespoon for brushing the rolls when they are ready )
- 2 tablespoon unflavored protein powder
- 2 Large Eggs beaten + 1 for egg wash
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast or instant ( use up to 2 teaspoon for more intense flavor )
- 1 Tbsp erythritol ( optional)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- Mix dry ingredients ( almond flour, protein powder, yeast, erythritol, and baking powder) together and set aside
- Put the butter, and shredded Mozzarella cheese in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 seconds intervals until cheese is evenly melted. Remember to stir in between ( helps to distribute the heat. ) it usually takes me about 1 min 30 secs in total sometimes 2 mins.
- Pour dry ingredients into the microwaved cheese and butter mix the and mix with your hands or with a spatula then add the cold eggs. Mix till a ball of dough forms
- Grease a 10 in Skillet and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Wet your hands and divide the dough into 8 equal balls
- Place them in the greased and lined cast iron skillet.
- Brush with egg wash then bake in the oven for 10 to 12 mins or until the top is golden brown.
- Bring out of the oven, brush some melted butter on top allow to cool and enjoy.
- These dinner rolls are soft and delicious but they are a bit flatter than regular dinner rolls.
- If you don't want to use protein powder, add 1 tablespoon of coconut flour. I do this because using butter for this recipe makes the dough more oily so addition of the protein powder or coconut flour helps mop it up and brings the dough together.