As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Hibiscus syrup is an easy flavored simply syrup recipe that can take your drinks to the next level. Zobo concentrate aka sorrel Concentrate is an important part of my low carb journey. So thought to share it with you amazing folks.
Hibiscus Syrup also called Sorrel Concentrate
Hibiscus syrup is simple syrup flavored with hibiscus flowers also known as Sorrel, Zobo or Roselle flowers.
This Ruby red concentrate can be made ahead of ting and stored in your refrigerator and used to add a nice flavor to your drinks either alcoholic or non alcoholic drinks
It’s so easy to make and requires just 3 basic ingredients.
What are the benefits of Hibiscus?
The hibiscus flower has great health benefits which include
- It is chocked full of antioxidants
- May lower blood pressure
- It could promote weightloss
- It may boost liver health
Ingredients needed to make Hibiscus Syrup (Sorrel Concentrate)
- Dry Sorrel petals
Optional add ins
- Cinnamon powde
What can you use Hibiscus Simple Syrup for?
- Keto Hibiscus Tea
- Keto Zobo drink
- Keto Chapman (If using for chapman, use the unsweetened concentrate)
- Sugar free Hibuscus lemonade
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave me a comment and please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in your favorite Facebook group so others can enjoy it too.
Click here to pin this recipe for later!
Hibiscus simple Syrup (Zobo/ Sorrel Concentrate)
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups Erythritol (optional)
- 2 cup Dry Hibiscus petals (washed)
Optional add ins
- lemon or orange peel
For Sweetened syrup
- Bring water to boil, Add the rinsed Hibiscus flower (Sorrel or Zobo flower into the hot water, lower heat to simmer, then add the sweetener let it simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat, let it steep for another 5 minutes then sieve with a fine mesh sieve to strain out the petals.
- Store in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks.
For Unsweetened Syrup
- Repeat step 1 above, without addding the sweetener. Let it simmer on low heat for 8 to 10 mins to reduce the quantity and create a thicker consistency.
- Let it cool, use imediately or store as you would store the sweetened syrup
- if you want the seeetened or unsweetened syrup thicker, cook for longer.