As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Toasted Coconut flakes is so easy to make and rich in flavor. Do you love coconuts? This easy to make toasted coconut flakes would definitely delight your palate.
Toasted coconut can be made in the oven or on the stove top. Which ever method you choose be sure to keep an eye on it because it can so easily go from that delicious golden and toasted coconut goodness to a burnt bitter mess.
What can I use Toasted coconut flakes for?
- Snack on it yum!!( with caution as the carb count can add up quickie
- Top off your Greek yoghurt with this goodness.
- And some more for your low carb desserts.
Why you should be toasting your coconut flakes.
- It’s easy to make and..
- It doesn’t take much of your time since it’s ready in less than 10 mins
- Toasted coconut flakes has a deep nutty flavor which is achieved by toasting. In other words the nutty flavor isn’t found in freshly grated coconut.
How to make Toasted Coconut Flakes.
You can choose to Make your toasted coconut flakes sweetened or unsweetened. If you choose to sweeten it all you need to do is to add a little powdered sweetener of choice.
Then toast in an oven or stove top. Please NOTE: You can’t walk away from a toasting coconut flakes.. It will burn.. It needs constant stirring to help with an even toast.
Let’s get started
PIN RECIPE FOR LATER
Easy Toasted Coconut Flakes
- 1½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tsp sweetener of choice
In the Oven:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- If you are using a sweetner, mix sweetener and coconut flakes together
- Spread coconut flakes on s baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Toast in the oven till golden brown takes about 6- 8 mins
- Remember to stir occasionally in between to prevent unevenly toasted or burnt coconut flakes.
On the stove top:
- Spread the coconut flakes in the fry pan with a heavy bottom I usually use my cast ion pan.
- Toast coconut on medium heat.
- Stir frequently until evenly toasted.
- Turn off heat.
- Transfer to a cookie sheet to stop cooking process
- Allow to cool, then Use immediately or store in an air tight container.
- Allow to cool completely before storage
- The importance of frequent siring can't be over emphasized both on the stove top and in the oven.
- When stirring in the oven, make sure to use a long spatula and oven mitts.
- When the coconut flakes is completely coated to your taste remove pan or baking sheet away fro source of heat. you can leave the flakes in the baking sheet for the oven toasted coconut flakes if you toasted it on a baking sheet but if you toasted with a cast iron skillet either on the stove top or oven, you will need to transfer it to a baking sheet after removing skillet from source of heat because the skillet retains heat soy the coconut flakes will continue to toast.
Follow @lowcarbhealthclub on Instagram for more. Did you make a recipe from the blog? Tag @lowcarbhealthclub and use the hashtag #lowcarbhealthclub I would love to see what you are making.