Looking for a keto, low carb version of Tiktok’s Viral Baked Feta pasta with cherry tomatoes? This is it. This recipe is made with a low carb pasta substitute that feels like the real deal. This is an easy dish that requires a few ingredients and gets ready in roughly 35 mins.
Tiktok’s Baked Feta Pasta Recipe.
Like my Dalgona coffee another Tiktok trend, Baked Feta cheese pasta and cherry tomatoes has taken over the web. Everyone is making and enjoying this easy recipe, as someone on a low carb lifestyle, I wanted to try it out too.
However I wanted the real feel of pasta for this recipe. Instead of using cauliflower florets, spaghetti squash or Palmini pasta. I chose to use my Great low carb elbow pasta and it didn’t disappoint.
Origin of this Pasta dish
Why things choose to pick up when they do is left to social media algorithms I guess.
My version of this recipe requires a few ingredients. Some recipes include white wine which I chose not to use. Feel free to adjust your ingredients and make it yours.
- Feta cheese
- Cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- Crushed pepper flakes
- Italian seasoning blend
- Low carb pasta
Is Feta Cheese Keto?
Yes Feta cheese and most of the ingredients used to make the original baked feta pasta with cherry tomatoes are keto friendly except the pasta and white wine.
Feta cheese has 396 calories per cup of 150g of crumbled feta cheese. It’s total carb is 6g with 0g of fiber.
How to make this recipe
- Mix all the ingredients in a baking dish except the feta cheese and pasta.
- Create a space in the middle of baking dish, place block of feta cheese in there and bake.
- Just before baking time is up. Cook the low carb pasta.
Step 4 - 6; Blend baked cheese and tomatoes, with the back of a spoon or spatula then mix in the cooked pasta.
Quick Recipe Notes & Tips
- Feta cheese is quite salty that’s why this recipe doesn’t require many ingredients. I advice you wait till you have mixed in the pasta at the end then do a taste test and decide if you need to add more salt.
- Use fresh garlic for this recipe. It enhances the Flavor of the dish.
- Don’t add a lot of salt when making the pasta for the same reason in tip number 1 above.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave me a comment and please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in your favorite Facebook group so others can enjoy it too.
Low carb Baked Feta pasta
- 350 g Cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- 8 oz great low carb Pasta
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves
- 6 oz feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon crushed pepper flakes
- Salt to taste if needed
- Place tomatoes in a baking dish
- Add oil, garlic and herbs mix to combine
- Create a space in the middle place feta cheese in there.
- Bake at 400 F got 20-25 mins
- Meanwhile cook pasta
- When the tomatoes are baked, bring out of the oven
- Squash the tomatoes, mix in the cheese.
- Add on the cooked pasta and combine till well incorporated.
- Taste for salt and adjust accordingly
- Serve immediately