As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
This trending creamy whipped coffee is made with just three ingredients. My version of this Dalgona coffee has been adapted to fit the keto, Sugar free and low carb lifestyle. It’s easy to make and doesn’t require any special skill. Just mix an equal amount of water, sweetener and instant coffee, whip it and make this creamy delight that you can pour over any milk of your choice, hot or cold.
Hold on! What is Whipped Coffee or Dalgona Coffee
Whipped Coffee also known as Dalgona coffee is simply a three ingredients coffee treat that is whipped to form stiff peaks. Kind of like a mousse like consistency. Then this creamy whipped coffee is spooned over you favorite hot or cold milk regular or plant based.
Whipped Coffee or Dalgona Coffee Recipe.
Yes this recipe was made viral by @ in the Tiktok social media platform and of course the stay at home order made it possible for us all to give it a try. This is indeed the trending drink for the quarantine as everyone is making it. It’s all over the internet.
Ketoers and low carbers haven’t been left behind. Luckily monkfruit sweetener has done so well with this recipe. It was an easy swap and It totally tastes amazing.
The 3 Ingredients needed.
How to make Whipped Coffee.
This is just an overview of the recipe with step by step photos, full printable recipe is at the recipe card at the bottom of this page.
Pic 1-3; mix ingredients in a dry cup, then add the water.
Pic 4-6; Mix then whip to a stiff consistency.
Variations of Dalgona Coffee
These are my own variations of this trending dessert
French Vanilla Dalgona Coffee
Swap out 1 Tbsp of the water for 1 Tbsp vanilla extract then mix and whip away. Top your favorite milk with this luscious French vanilla whipped coffee. See my French Vanilla version here
Mocha Dalgona whipped coffee
See recipe for Mocha Whipped coffee here.
Quick Recipe Notes and Tips
- I would suggest you make this with Decaffeinated coffee instead of caffeinated coffee in order to limit the quantity of caffeine ingested. To be honest I take this as a treat and all of my coffee recipes including bullet proof coffee is made with decaf.
- Use powdered sweetener so you don’t have a gritty whipped topping. If you have the granular monkfruit, you can easily blend with a coffee blender like I did here.
- Mix the sweetener and coffee together before adding the liquid. It prevents coffee from clumping up and leaving some gummy coffee residue after whipping.
To a healthy life
Nutrition per Serving: (makes 3 Servings)
Calories: 58 | Total Fat: 3.5g | Carbs: 4.5g | Fibre: 1g | Protein: 1.4g | Net Carbs: 3.5g
Click here to pin this recipe
Keto friendly Dalgona Coffee
- Hand mixer
- 2 Tablespoons Instant Coffee
- 2 Tablespoons Sweetener
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 30 oz milk of choice
- Mix dry ingredients together in a dry cup
- Add water and stir to combine.
- Whip till stiff peaks form
- Top off your glass of milk with the whipped coffee and some sugar free chocolate chips