Delicious air fryer sausage and peppers is super easy to make and tastes absolutely amazing. It’s a simple low carb lunch or dinner recipe.
Well seasoned sausage, peppers and onions cooked to perfection in the air fryer and served on its own or with cabbage rice, shirataki rice or some riced cauliflower. After trying this air fryer kielbasa I bet you know these
Air fryer sausage and peppers recipe
Have you tried making sausage and peppers in the air fryer yet? Smoked sausages, hot dogs of even fresh sausages are a great combination with peppers and are usually cooked on the stove top or baked in the oven.
Since making it in the air fryer, it has gradually become my fav way to make it. This recipe is healthy and packed full of flavor. I love that this is easily adaptable to suit your taste by simply switching up the seasoning blend.
What makes this recipe so good
- Family friendly
- Low carb
- Easy to make
It takes typically 10 mins to cook these at 400°F (200°C) in a non preheated air fryer. You can always add more time if you need to.
You can use any type of sausage you like for this recipe fully cooked or raw. Smoked sausages, Italian sausages, bratswurts, breakfast sausages you name it.
Bear in mind that the cook time will vary on the type of sausages used, for example this polish sausage is fully cooked.
If you use raw sausages to make this recipe, you’ll need to adjust the time by adding a couple minutes more till sausages are fully cooked.
Yes you can air fryer sausage and peppers ahead of time. Follow the instructions in the recipe card and cook after which you let it cool down before storing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer or microwave when ready.
Alternatively prepare all the ingredients, season and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days and air fry when you are ready.
Join our Low carb Recipe Group on Facebook!
- Smoked sausages
- Bell peppers
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Italian seasoning
Recommended tools and accessories
- Cosori air fryer
- Chopping board
- Mixing bowl or air fryer basket
How to make air fryer sausage and peppers
Making air fryer sausage and peppers is one of the easiest recipes you’ll make in an air fryer. It’s literally season, dump and air fry.
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to end of post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
- First you cut the sausages into 2 inch slices. I like to make a diagonal cut when making the slices.
- Next you slice up the onions and peppers is thick slices. Slice them up like you are making fajitas.
- Transfer chopped sausages and peppers to a bowl or ziplock bag, add the oil and seasoning, then mix to combine.
- Pour seasoned sausage and peppers into air fryer basket and air fry at 400°F (200°C) for 8 to 10 mins or until the vegetables are soft and tender to your liking.
Air fryer sausage and peppers can be served with a variety of sides. you can serve them on bread, or with sweet potatoes. Our best way to serve them are with
How to store and reheat
Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or air fryer.
To reheat in the air fryer, set temperature to 350°F and air fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through.
Recipe notes and tips
- You do not need to preheat the air fryer
- Cut the sausages into equal chunks so they cook evenly.
- The onions and peppers should be cut evenly and in large chunks so they don’t burn
- Do not overcrowd the basket, cook in batches if needed.
If you try this recipe, show it off on Instagram! Be sure to Follow and Tag @thelowcarbmuse on Instagram and use the hashtag #thelowcarbmuse I’d love to see your recreations!
More air fryer recipes
Check out all our >>>Low carb Recipes!
Did you find this recipe helpful? Leave me a comment about it or any recipe idea you’d love to see on the low carb muse and don’t forget to share with family and friends and in your favorite Facebook group
Love it? Pin it! Then follow The Low Carb Muse on Pinterest for more delicious low carb recipes!
Looking for support? Join other low carb Buddies in our exclusive free Easy Keto/Low carb Recipes Group on Facebook!
Looking for more low carb recipes? Sign up for our deliciously low carb newsletters and Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok for updates. Remember to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for weekly videos.
New to the Low carb lifestyle? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful >>> Low carb Resources!
Shop all your low carb pantry staples and gadgets at our Amazon store.
💡 Quick tip on air frying! Air fryer temps may vary depending on the size, make and model you own. When making a recipe for the first time, start with less time, check for doneness then add more time as needed.
Air fryer sausage and peppers
- 1 lb Smoked sausage (Cut into 1 inch slices)
- 3 Small bell peppers (red, green and yellow cut into thick slices)
- 1 Small onion (cut into thick slices)
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- ½ Teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ Teaspoon onion powder
- ½ Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ Teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Transfer chopped sausages, peppers and onions into a bowl or ziplock bag.
- Add oil and seasoning then toss to coat of massage to coat if using a ziplock bag like I did.
- Transfer to air fryer basket and air fry at 400°F (200°C) for 8 to 10 mins, shaking the basket half way through cooking time.
- Serve with your favorite sides
Did you make this recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ when you leave a comment below.
This looks so delicious with just the right amount of unusual to make an interesting week night option!
I made your air fryer sausage and peppers recipe and served it with some freshly cooked white rice. My family loved your recipe! Thanks for sharing!
Made this with my favorite chicken sausage and it was so much faster and better than the oven! Less clean up, too.
I love how simple this is to put together, and using the air fryer is so fast and convenient. Yummy!
I love recipes like this! It was tasty, easy, colorful, and ready in no time! The kids loved it, too!
These were really delicious. The sausage worked so well with the peppers.
We served it with some garlic rice and the kids demolished every single bit!
So yummy and really easy to make. It is on request for next week as well!