As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Keto Ground beef pasta with palmini is the perfect low carb keto dinner. It’s easy to make and tastes absolutely amazing and is gluten free. Hearts of palm is a nice pasta substitute when on a low carb diet. It’s one of my go to options for pasta.
Keto Ground beef Pasta Recipe with Palmini Pasta
Looking for a nice substitute to your traditional ground beef pasta? This recipe is literally what you are looking for. The sauce is beefy, tasty and filling.
You can spice it up by adding some extra veggies like carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. You should check out my ground beef and broccoli pasta. You would love it.
What is Palmini Pasta? Is it Low carb?
Palmini pasta is a brand of low carb and keto friendly pasta made from hearts of palm. Hearts of palm is are vegetables cut from the core of some palm trees native to South and Central America. It is harvested and processed for a variety of uses which include pasta and salads.
Palmini pasta is low carb and keto friendly. Based on the nutrition facts, one can contains 3 servings with a total carb of 4g and net carb of 2g.7
To be honest I eat mine as 2 servings if I make a ground beef pasta recipe like this one. Even if your decide to eat the whole can (just pasta and garlic butter), it will amount to 6g net carbs.
However I won’t encourage eating the whole can when it’s loaded with meats and vegetables except it meets your daily macro goals.
Another plus for my gluten free peeps! Palmini pasta is gluten free.
Ingredients needed for this low carb ground beef recipe
- Heart of palm pasta: Ever heard of this amazing pasta substitute? Of course it’s not pasta, but it passes the pasta test even better than zoodles. I have tried the Palmini brand and the Gefen brand. However there are other brands available now.
- Heavy cream
- Oil of choice – Olive oil, avocado oil etc
- Spices: Oregano, Parsley, Cayenne pepper or crushed pepper flakes
- Tomato paste
- Ground beef
How to make ground beef pasta.
Pic 1-3; Sauté onions, add ground beef, break it up, cook till it’s no longer pink, add seasoning.
Pic 4-6; Add the tomato paste Stir it in. Add water and heavy cream or plant based milk of choice.
Step 7-9; Let it simmer, add the hearts of palm pasta. Stir it in. Taste and adjust seasoning to taste. Enjoy
Quick recipe notes and tips
- Palmini pasta is already cooked straight out of the can with an al dente texture. I like al dente pasta so It’s the last thing I add it to the sauce. Stir it in and serve. If you like a softer texture add it in about 3 mins so it softens.
- You can skip the heavy cream or replace with plant based milk to make it dairy free.
- Swap out the Oregano, Parsley, Basil and Rosemary with 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning.
Other hearts of palm pasta recipes
- Pasta Stir fry
- Shrimp pasta
- Jollof pasta
- Ground beef broccoli pasta
- Palmini pasta and ground beef sauce.
More Keto dinner recipes
- Cauliflower Mexican rice
- Instant pot butter chicken served over cauliflower rice.
- Keto Mongolian beef served over Shirataki rice.
- Mushroom Stir fry.
- Low carb Keto Beef Stew.
- Keto Unstuffed Cabbage rolls.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave me a comment and please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in your favorite Facebook group so others can enjoy it too.
Looking for support? Join our Free Facebook group where we share recipes and cheer you on. Can’t wait to meet you!
Click here to pin this recipe for later!
Ground beef pasta with Palmini
- 300 g ground beef
- 1 can Palmini pasta
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt. Adjust to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/2, teaspoon dry parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dry basil
- 1/4 tsp ground Rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Chopped parsley for garnishing optional
Prep Palmini pasta
- Open the can, pour contents into a colander.
- Rinse under warm water. Leave in the colander to drain while you take care of the ground beef
Making the sauce
- Sauté onions in oil till softened. Add the ground beef. Break it up, add seasoning cook till no longer pink.
- Next add the tomato paste, mix it in then pour in water let it simmer to reduce the liquid, add the heavy cream.
- Mix in the drained pasta. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve and enjoy
- If you like your pasta on the soupy side. Add a little more and don’t let it dry out before adding in the Palmini pasta.
- The very last thing I add is the Palmini pasta because I like it al dente which means it’s firm. If you like softer pasta. Cook for about 3 mins longer after adding the pasta.
- Adjust seasoning to your taste. You can also use any spice blend of your choice in this recipe. Think Taco seasoning, Cajun seasoning etc
- Want to cut down the carbs further. Reduce the onions to half or skip it all together.