As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Great low carb pasta is one of my favorite keto pasta alternatives. I love to use it as a macaroni sub when making keto Mac and cheese, beefaroni or hamburger helper. If you’ve been wondering how to cook it, this recipe is for you. It’s loaded with tips and my review of this pasta.
Great Low Carb Pasta Recipe.
Great low carb pasta is a brand of low carb pasta made by Great low carb bread Co. It has a variety of pasta shapes and happens to be the closest low carb elbow pasta I’ve tried.
I’ve made beefaroni, keto hamburger helper and Tiktok’s viral Baked Feta cheese pasta with it and it didn’t disappoint. Today’s recipe is about how to cook it perfectly to make sure you can enjoy the low carb version of your favorite elbow pasta recipes.
- Elbow: This shape is by far my best choice as a macaroni substitute over Cauliflower for macaroni recipes since it mimics the real look and feel of Mac and cheese.
- Spaghetti: Just like Palmini pasta, they have an alternative to regular spaghetti. I haven’t tried the spaghetti version yet. However going be the elbow version which I use most of the time, I believe it would work well too.
How to cook this brand of Low carb Pasta to perfection.
This low carb pasta is cooked like regular pasta. However you need to cook for longer than you would cook regular pasta to achieve your desired texture. I have outlined the steps below.
- Bring water to boil
- Add salt
- Add Low carb Pasta
- Cook till desired texture usually up to 12 mins for elbow and 15 for Rotini
Great low carb Pasta review
I have found this brand of pasta to be best for most pasta recipes especially recipes that require tubular pasta like Mac & cheese, Pasta Salads, American goulash etc.
It has the feel of real macaroni and absorbs flavors well. Unfortunately it’s not gluten free as it contains wheat products.
It has a net carbs of 8 grams per serving. If you are on a Keto or low carb diet and really want to enjoy macaroni recipes this is for you.
If you are gluten free, this isn’t got you. You are better off substituting with cauliflower, Shirataki rice or Palmini Pasta.
What to serve Low Carb Pasta with.
This can be served with any sauce of choice like
- Don’t be afraid to cook this pasta for up to 12 mins it won’t get mushy like regular pasta. It’s literally aldente right out of the box. The package instruction says cook for 10 mins however I find that it needs more cooking after 10 mins so cook mine for up to 12 mins.
- Bring water to boil. It’s important.
- Add salt to the water and set your timer right after you add the pasta.
More Low carb Pasta Substitutes
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave me a comment and please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in your favorite Facebook group so others can enjoy it too.
Looking for support? Join our Free Facebook group where we share recipes and cheer you on. Can't wait to meet you!
How to cook great low carb pasta
- 8 oz great low carb pasta
- 4 quart water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Bring water to a rolling boil
- Add salt to water
- Add pasta
- Cool pasta for 12 mins or to desired level of tenderness
- Drain with a colander and use in any pasta recipe you like.
- Don’t be afraid to cook the pasta for longer. This pasta hardly gets soggy.
- You might need to cook for up to 15 mins for Rotini shaped pasta.