As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Make ahead anything is very helpful in this busy life of ours. Meal time prep and meal planning is very important for success in any lifestyle.
Today’s post will tell you how to prepare your Cauliflower and Eggplant ahead of time for whenever you need to eat your cauli rice, cauli fufu or eggplant Amala. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to drop me a comment below. If it’s urgent start a chat here , tweet me the question on twitter or tag me on Instagram whichever you prefer
- Clean the cauli flower cut out the leaves.
- Cut out the florets and remove the core.
If you intend to store it for general tso cauliflower
- Dab the florets dry with kitchen paper towel,
- wrap in fresh kitchen paper towel and put in a freezer bag and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- If want to keep it for longer, put in a freezer bag, try to expel as much air as you can to prevent freezer burn. Then freeze for up to 2 weeks.
If you intend to store for cauli rice.
- Use a food processor or a box grater to ‘rice’ the cauliflower
- Transfer riced cauliflower to a freezer bag, expel the air and freeze. Read more on this here.
If you intend to use the cauliflower for swallow;
- Blend the cauliflower florets with water and till smooth.
- Transfer cauliflower purée into a nut bag do not squeeze allow the water to drain out on its own it’s a few seconds.
- Use immediately or seal in an airtight freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to a month
- If you decide to make cauli swallow immediately, you can store the other already cooked portions in the refrigerator for up to a week
- Cut up eggplant to cubes and blend with little water till smooth. Please read this post . Use immediately or divide into batches and freeze in an air tight freezer bag for up to a month.
- If you use immediately, you can store the rest of the cooked portion in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Hope you enjoyed the post and that you found it helpful. Please share this post with family and friends. Have you subscribed yet? You can do so here it’s FREE.
To a healthy lifestyle