As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Cucumber bites can serve as a great appetizer or snack. Easy to make and is perfect for any gathering. Filled with peanut butter, cream cheese, almond butter or hummus these cucumber bites are a great snack on a keto diet. They are sure to please a variety of palates.
Cucumber Bites Recipe
Cucumbers are a great vegetable to snack on and they come with lots of healthy benefits. Cucumbers have high water content and are rich in multivitamins and fiber.
Cucumber bites are cucumbers cut into bite size pieces and eaten as is or with a dip. It’s just a fancy name for cut up cucumbers.
If you love cucumbers like I do, these easy cucumber bites would be a great addition to your healthy appetizer collection.
How to make Cucumber bites two ways
- Cucumbers bites are one of the easiest appetizers to make. First you have to decide what filling or topping you would want for the cucumber bites and prepare it.
- Next you to wash the cucumbers clean, cut them up. Then you top with the filling of choice. In this recipe I used peanut butter. If haven’t tried peanut butter and cucumbers then you are in for a very pleasant tantalizing surprise.
- The first way to make cucumber bites is to make them into sandwiches. Cut the cucumbers into 1/2 inch circles, place a circle at the bottom then fill with desired filling then too off with another slice of cucumber.
- For the second method, cut the cucumber into 1 to 1 1/2 inch circles, with a melon baller, scoop out some of the middle (see picture 2 in collage below for illustration)
- then pipe in filling of choice.
Step by Step photos for cucumber bites
Other fillings that can be used for cucumber bites
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream and dill dip
- Almond butter
What type of cucumbers can I use
You can use any type of cucumber accessible to you to make these cucumber appetizers.
I like to use English cucumbers or Persian cucumbers because the skin is softer and the seeds are very tender. Regular cucumbers, Chinese cucumbers or mini cucumbers will work.
If you can’t find Persian cucumbers in your area, English cucumbers work perfectly.
What is the difference between Persian cucumbers and English cucumbers
English Cucumbers have a thin skin with very tender small seeds and are usually crunchy and slightly watery. They are the long slender cucumbers you usually see in the grocery store wrapped in tight plastic.
Persian Cucumbers are very similar to English cucumbers but are usually smaller. They tend to be just about 5 to 6 inches long and are more crunchy and less watery than the English cucumbers
Cucumbers are a nice vegetable to incorporate into to your diet because it has some great health benefits.
Benefits of Cucumbers
Cucumbers have great health benefits which includes hydration. They are also a good source of vitamins and minerals. You can read more on the benefits of cucumbers in my cucumber juice recipe post.
Quick recipe notes and tips
- You can use a crinkle knife/ cutter to slice the cucumbers. This gives the cucumber bites pretty wavy patterns. See it in action in the image captioned cucumber sandwich bites.
- It’s best to use less watery cucumbers for this recipe.
Other Cucumber Recipes to try
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave me a comment and please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in your favorite Facebook group so others can enjoy it too.
To a healthy lifestyle
Easy Cucumber Bites Recipe
- 2 English Cucumbers
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter
- pepper flakes (optional)
For open faced cucumber bites
- Cut cucumbers into 2 inch disks, scoop out the center with a melon baller
- Scoop peanut butter into a piping bag, Pipe in some peanut butter into the cucumber disks and serve.
For sandwich cucumber bites
- Cut cucumbers into 1 inch disks, Smear some peanut butter on one side then sandwich both sides together. repeat process till all disks are filled and sandwiched.
- Seve with a sprinkle of pepper flakes