As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Keto Cucumber Salad is a favorite salad recipe that is easy to make and can be served with or without your favorite meal. The mix of vinegar and sweetener in my keto cucumber salad gives it a nice tang. If you love vinaigrette salad recipes then you will love this cucumber salad. With just a few ingredients you can make this ready for dinner.
Click here to Pin my easy Keto Cucumber Salad Recipe
Keto Cucumber Salad Recipe
Though Cucumbers can be found all year round in the markets, Cucumber salad is usually referred to as a summer salad. This is probably because peak season for cucumbers usually begin in May all through August.
Since cucumbers can be found in the market all year round, I actually make cucumber salad anytime I feel like it because it’s easy to make, nutritious and packed with great health benefits.
Keto cucumber salad is no different from traditional cucumber salads. Most of the ingredients needed to make traditional Cucumber Salad are keto friendly except for sugar. In this recipe, we would be using erythritol; a keto friendly sugar substitute instead of sugar.
Are Cucumbers Keto?
Cucumbers are keto friendly. Just like Zuchinnis, cucumbers are in the keto vegetables approved list. They are not only keto approved, they are packed full of health benefits.
How many carbs in cucumbers?
Cucumbers are a low carb vegetable. 1 cup of chopped cucumbers about 104g contain 3.8g carbs and about 0.5g of fiber which is about 3.3g net carbs.
Can this easy cucumber salad be made ahead?
This salad can be made ahead. Simply chop the ingredients and mix everything together and chill. You can make this cucumber salad up to 24 hrs ahead.
If you are like me and don’t like you salads too cold, bring it out at least an hour before serving.
Ingredients needed to make keto Cucumber Salad
- Seedless cucumbers ( I like to use the English or Persian cucumbers because the skin is more tender and the seeds are smaller and tender when compared to the American cucumbers and garden cucumbers )
- Red onions ( can use white onions but I prefer the flavor of the red onions for this recipe )
- White Vinegar ( can substitute with apple cider vinegar)
- Keto Sweetener ( Use your favorite sweetener I love to use Erythritol or monkfruit erythritol blend )”
- Fresh Dill ( substitute with dry dill)
What is the difference between English Cucumbers and Persian Cucumbers
English Cucumbers are those long slender cucumbers you usually see in the grocery store wrapped in tight plastic. They have a thin skin with very tender and small seeds.
They are usually crunchy and slightly watery.
Persian Cucumbers are very similar to English but they are usually smaller. They tend to be just about 5 to 6 in long.
They are more crunchy and less watery than the English cucumbers
How to Make Cucumber Salad
Salads are generally easy to make and this Keto cucumber salad is no different. All you need to do is prepare your ingredients and get them together in a bowl.
Do I need to peel the cucumbers?
Peeling the cucumbers in this recipe is a matter of choice. The skin has most of the vitamin K found in cucumbers therefore For most Cucumber recipes I prefer to use the cucumbers with the skin on especially recipes that invole blending like in this cucumber juice and cucumber lemonade recipes
I also leave the skin on for recipes that involve the use vinegar. The vinegar would eventually soften the skin. For my creamy cucumber recipe or some other salad recipes, I peel the skin.
If you like to leave the skin on, I would encourage you to buy organically grown cucumbers.
Health Benefits of Cucumber
Cucumbers are a very healthy vegetable and has lots of great benefits which include
- Cucumbers have high water content just like watermelons. Therefore they have rehydrating and refreshing properties.
- May help to prevent kidney stones.
- Rich source of Vit B and Vit C, Beta Carotene and Manganese. These can boost immunity and help in the prevention of cancer.
- Cucumbers can help with weight loss and also reduce cholesterol levels.
- Cucumbers are rich in fiber, therefore it aids digestion and can prevent constipation.
Other Easy Cucumber Salad Recipes
- Cream cucumber salad ( Same ingredients with a creamy dressing usually a mix of mayo, sour cream/ yoghurt and vinegar )
- Asian Cucumber Salad ( very similar to this recipe but the Asian version has some red bell peppers and the dressing is a classic vinaigrette (has some oil added)
- Keto cucumber Tomato Salad. As the implies has tomatoes in it.
- Keto Cucumber feta salad.
If you found this post helpful, drop me a comment and share the recipe with family and friends and in your favorite Facebook group. Have a blessed 2020.
To a healthy lifestyle,
★ Click here to pin this cucumber salad to your board.