Can I have a keto friendly low carb banana bread with real bananas? Oh yes cos this Easy banana bread recipe will definitely hit the right spot for any one on a low carb diet, with just 3.7g Net carbs. per slice, you are going to have a fun treat without all the carbs? You know I've got you. Stick with me and learn the trick to having banana bread on a low carb diet.
Click here to Pin this Low carb banana bread to your favorite board.
Low Carb Banana Bread Recipe
Bananas are generally not considered a low carb fruit and for good reason ( one banana has a whopping 23.9g net carbs and 14.4g natural sugar ) therefore, labeling this bread a keto banana bread would definitely cause a keto up roar.
But if you are ever craving real banana bread, you can definitely make this Low carb banana bread fit into your macros.
Most lower carb banana breads are made with banana extract with no bananas for reasons explained above. But with this recipe you can 'eat your cake and have it'
How is this Low carb Banana Bread Low carb?
Well it's easy. Regular banana bread is made with 3 over ripe bananas, sugar, flour and the rest of the works. That makes banana bread super high carb.
This Low carb banana bread is made with one banana ( just ripe not over ripe; the more ripe the banana, the higher the sugar content) no sugar.
Sweeteners are not sugar and the right sweetener like erythritol or erythritol-monkfruit blend don't impact the blood sugar of most people.
No 'real' flour ( this banana bread is made using almond flour).
Why you should be making this low carb version of Banana bread with real bananas.
Let's do the math, This Low carb Banana Bread has 12 servings. A small banana has a Total carb of 23.1g , dietary fiber of 2.6g and a net carb of 20.5g therefore a slice of this banana bread will have only 1.7g NC from the banana.
This low carb banana bread has 3.7g NC per slice ( which in my opinion isn't a bad number as compared with the carb content in regular banana bread. )
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
- 1 small banana
- Blanched Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Butter or coconut oil
- Monk fruit-erythritol blend or Erythritol
- Sour cream
- Walnuts ( optional) but recommended for banana nut bread.
How to make low carb banana bread with Almond flour
Full ingredients list and instructions can be found at the bottom of the page. This is just an overview of the recipe.
This is an easy one bowl recipe. You can follow the order I used or just dump and mix.
I love to use walnuts on my banana because walnuts have great health benefits. Because I can already hear you asking 'what are the benefits of walnuts?', I would share be sharing some of those below.😊
Benefits of walnuts
- Walnuts are rich in antioxidants, which means they may help prevent Cancer.
- The omega 3, magnesium, amino acids and other nutrients in walnuts may help decrease inflammation.
- Walnuts may promote a healthy gut
- They may help control Type 2 Diabetes and lower the risk of getting it because it is linked to weight control.
- Because walnuts contain healthy fats and fiber, they may help keep you full for longer thereby aiding weight loss.
- They are a rich source of plant omega 3 which may help reduce the risk of heart diseases.
High protein low carb banana bread
To make this lower carb banana high protein, simply add some unflavored protein powder to the mix. Add about 2 Tablespoons of unflavored protein powder.
Other delightful low carb recipes on the blog
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave me a comment and share the link to this recipe with your friends and family and in your favorite Facebook group so others can enjoy it too.
To a healthy lifestyle,
Nutrition per Serving: (makes 12 Servings)
Calories: 168 | Total Fat: 14.9g | Carbs: 5.8g | Fibre: 2.1g | Protein: 3.2g | Net Carbs: 3.7g
Click here to pin this recipe for later
Low carb Banana Bread
- 2 cups Blanched Almond flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ Cup Coconut flour
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ cup erythritol (or keto brown sugar)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 stick butter
- 2 tablespoon Sour cream
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 small banana mashed
- 1 teaspoon banana flavor (optional)
- 2 tablespoon walnuts or almonds or a mix of both (optional)
- Line a 9 by 5 loaf pan with parchment paper
- Mix dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream butter and sweetener. Add eggs, mashed banana, and banana flavor if using.
- Then fold in the dry ingredients till combined.
- Transfer to lined loaf pan and bake at 350 F for 50 -55 mins.