These Keto Burger Buns are definitely a winner. They are soft, filling with the right texture to help you stay on course with your keto goals. You won't even know it's low carb.
Keto Burger Buns
Every 'Low carber' / 'ketoer' is always in search of a good bread recipe. If you find one you keep it because good keto breads are hard to find. As usual this is a recipe variant from my very popular fathead dough bread recipe which I love. Since making that bread, I have made lots of variations from it because I find that it helps me stay on course. It hits the right spot for my bread cravings.
How to make these fat head keto hamburger buns.
- Start with making your modified fat head dough.
- Divide them and put them in these mini pie baking dishes. Easy right?
- Bake to perfection and enjoy.
This recipe makes 4 standard sized keto burger buns or 6 flatter buns. Depending on your carb allotment you can decide to make them into 4 or 6 buns. For 4 burger buns, net carbs count is 7.5g per bun. which you can do if you are doing OMAD ( One Meal A Day) or if you don't mind a burger taking up most of your 20g carbs quota for the day it's actually very filling. For 6 burger buns net carbs count is 4.9g per bun.
You can use a standard muffin pan if you are making six buns. This will make the bun taller.
*I usually don't add sugar alcohols when I calculate my nutritional info since sugar alcohols don't affect the blood sugar of most people including mine.( with the exception of malitol)
As always the nutritional info provided here is as a courtesy to you my amazing readers and Low carb/ Keto VIPs. I use a variety of calculators to compare but this is the calculator I often use. Feel free to use it to calculate any recipe bearing in mind that there may be slight differences depending on the product used.
Tips to get these fat head keto burger buns right
- Getting the dough right is a very important part of the process. Therefore when melting the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese, make sure the cheese melts evenly and completely.
- Fat head dough can be quite sticky, wet hands can mix it better.
- I love to use cold eggs instead of room temperature eggs. I haven't had any problems with that.
- Grease your baking dish properly
This post may contain Affiliate links. Read full disclosure here.
Wanna make this keto burger bun?
Click on the links below to buy handy stuff to make the best keto burger buns.
This post has been lying in my draft folder for a very long time now along side lots of low carb deliciousness I have coming your way. I have to let procrastination leave me alone so I can work faster with these posts. Want to make sure you don't miss a post. Make sure to sign up for my free newsletter before you leave. You would definitely love all the low carb deliciousness that would find its way to your inbox when you sign up.
If you found this post helpful, share by using the link to this page (not screen shots or copy / paste pls). Spread the love with family, friends and in your favorite Facebook group. Thank you for your support.
To a healthy lifestyle
Nutrition per Serving: (makes 6 Servings)
Calories: 332 | Total Fat: 27.2g | Carbs: 7.9g| Fibre: 3g | Protein: 17.6g| Net Carbs: 4.9g
★ Did you make this recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ below!
Fathead Keto Burger Buns
- 1 ½ cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking powder
- 2 ½ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoon Cream cheese scoop it when soft
- 2 large Eggs beaten
- 7 g active dry yeast
- ½ tablespoon Sesame seeds or Everything but the bagel seasoning optional
- 1 Tbsp erythritol
- Preheat oven to 375ºF
- Mix dry ingredients ( almond flour, yeast, erythritol, and baking powdetogether and set aside
- Put the cream cheese, and shredded Mozzarella cheese in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 seconds iintervals until cheese is evenly melted. Remember to stir in between ( helps to distribute the heat. ) it usually takes me about 1 min 30 secs in total sometimes 2 mins.
- Pour dry ingredients into the microwaved cheese. Mix with your hands or with a spatula then add the cold eggs. Mix till a ball of dough forms.
- Depending on your needs, divide the dough into 4 or 6 equal parts and transfer into well greased mini pie dishes.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top, Then bake in the oven for 10 to 12 mins or until the top is golden brown
- Bring out of the oven, allow to cool.
Asembling the burger
- Cut the bun into half, Spread a light layer of butter on each surface.
- Place buttered surface down on a heated up skillet to toast lightly.
- Place your burger fillings ( lettuce, cooked mince beef in between the burger buns and enjoy.
- When you make these into 4 buns the net carbs would be about 7 grams so its best to have that on a day you plan to do OMAD (one meal a day)
- If these are made into 6 buns which is recommended if you want to keep net carbs pretty low. Be aware that the buns would be a little flatter except you use a muffin pan for it.