My Keto pizza sauce, is sugar free, low carb and absolutely delicious. It’s the easiest and fastest homemade sugar free pizza sauce you will make and gets ready in minutes no cooking needed. Literally a dump and mix instant recipe.
Keto Pizza Sauce Recipe
For the longest time I have resorted to making my own pizza sauce. Not just because it’s easy but also because it’s more affordable and I can choose what ingredients go into it.
I can adjust the ingredients to my liking and most importantly I always skip the sugar and make it sugar free. I know it’s believed to dilute the acidity in tomatoes and balances the sauce. I really don’t mind the taste without sugar especially as pizza is kind of savory in my opinion.
Though I make mine with no sugar added, I will give you an option in the recipe with the amount of sweetener to use. I encourage you to try the version without a sweetener first before adding some sweetener so you can see the difference
Ingredients needed for this Keto sauce
This recipe requires a few ingredients. In no time you would be ditching the popular keto pizza sauce brands out there.
- Organic Tomato paste
- Pepper (optional)
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
How to make the best Keto pizza sauce
Step 1-3; Gather your ingredients, mix in the wet ingredients, then mix in the herbs and spices.
Step 4-6; That’s it. It’s ready to use on the perfect keto pizza crust.
Can you have pizza sauce or pizza on keto?
Most traditional pizza sauces have added sugar. However with the increased popularity of low carb lifestyle, there are store bought options like Rao.
If you try this recipe, you won’t ever run out of sauce again and pizza night would be so much fun. If you still prefer to buy in store, be sure to read the label to ensure it’s not loaded with sugar and carbs.
Low carb pizzas to enjoy this recipe.
- Fat head dough Pizza: Not all pizza is keto friendly. However Fat head dough is a great dough that makes one of the best Keto pizzas. If you are nut free, I have a nut free fathead dough made with coconut flour just for you.
- Pizza rolls: Easy pick me ups to share with loved ones.
- Meatzza: Meaty juicy pizza crust made with beef. Tastes so yummy
- Cauliflower Pizza: Never say never. This cauliflower pizza crust is a must try.
How to store
If you find that you have left overs or you decided to double the recipe and make a larger batch, you can freeze or refrigerate homemade pizza sauce for your convenience.
- Store it in the Freezer: Spoon into Soupa freezer cubes or muffins tins. (If you use muffin tins, transfer to a freezer bag when frozen) store in the freezer for up to 3 months. To use bring out a portion and let thaw overnight in the fridge.
- Store in the fridge: Pour into an air tight container like a clean sterilized mason jar and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Quick Recipe notes and Tips
- This recipe is easily adaptable. If you like really thick sauce, add more water to this recipe. If you prefer a thicker, sauce use less water. Love spicy? Add some pepper flakes. (About a quarter spoon)
- Read the label of the tomato paste to ensure it’s not loaded with sugar. I use organic tomato paste from Costco.
Other Keto Recipes to try
- Keto beef stew
- Sugar free mayonnaise
- Mushroom stir fry
- Sugar free coleslaw dressing
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave me a comment and please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in your favorite Facebook group so others can enjoy it too.
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the latest updates!
Click here to pin this recipe for later!
Keto Pizza sauce (Sugar free, Low carb)
- 6 oz Organic tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Dry Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Dry Basil
- ½ teaspoon Dry Parsley
- ⅛ teaspoon finely ground dry Rosemary (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon crushed pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ - ¾ cup water
Make the sauce
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl till well combined.
Using the pizza sauce.
- Spread ¼ cup of pizza sauce on one batch of pre-baked fathead pizza crust.
- Add your favorite toppings and bake
- Add a teaspoon of powdered alullose or erythritol to this recipe if you want a sweetened sauce.
- This recipe makes approximately 1 cup and can be used 4 times or for 4 pizzas depending on how saucy you like your pizza.
- Substitute the herbs in this recipe for ½ Tablespoons Italian seasoning.
Adjust consistency of the pizza sauce to your liking by adding more or less water. I always grind half of my dry rosemary so I always have that on hand.
- The nutrition fact is based on 2 slices of pizza. If you eat only one slice it would be less.
Leave a Reply