This post may contain Affiliate links, please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
This Almond flour moi moi tastes just like the real moi moi. I usually don’t enjoy low substitutes for high carb meals because I have tried quite some and many have been quite disappointing.
Though some have turned out great. Most have not been worth my time. This almond flour moi moi is one of my great turn outs and is definitely a keeper.
If you are African you probably know what moi moi/moin moin is. Moi moi/ Moin Moin is a pudding made from beans purée. The beans could either be black eyed peas or honey beans. This purée is mixed with certain ingredients before it is steamed or baked and end result is moi moi.
I have tried various substitutions for moi moi since I started my low carb journey and trust me nothing came as close to the real moi moi as this almond flour moi moi. Get ready to be wowed because your keto lifestyle is about to get better.
I hope you get the chance to try this Almond flour moi moi and if you do I would love to hear all about it. You can always play with this recipe and customize to your taste. For example, you can use coconut oil or bacon fat instead of palm oil. You can add corned beef or bacon bits instead of canned tuna. Your options are unlimited.While you are here, you can check out some of my other low carb swaps that have turned out great.
Which other low carb swap has worked perfectly for you? Please share in the comments below. Want to Subscribe? Do so here.
To a healthy lifestyle
PS: It’s kind to share! If you enjoy using this website and would like to support Chichiuguru.com, kindly share this post on Social Media, it makes it possible for me to keep sharing low carb tips and yummy recipes for FREE!
Almond Flour Moi Moi
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper
- 1 small habenero pepper
- 2 Tbsp crayfish optional
- 1 garlic clove optional
- 1 tsp bouillon powder or salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp palm oil melted
- 4 eggs divided- 2 boiled and 2 raw
- 1 ¼ cup of water
- 1 can of tuna fish
- Preheat oven to 375ºF
- In the jar of your blender, add all the ingredients except the boiled eggs, tuna and palm oil.
- Blend till smooth then transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Cut boiled eggs into quarters
- Add the tuna fish and palm oil then stir to combine.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Grease your silicon cup cake pan with cooking spray. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Add the egg quarter on top of each moi moi
- Transfer cupcake pan onto a cookie sheet, fill the cookie sheet with water then cover the cupcake pan with foil.
- Bake in the oven for 35- 40 mins. The moin should be done.
- Bring out from the oven, allow to cool a bit. Then enjoy
- Serve with a side of chicken
- Serve with cauliflower rice