This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #REdiscover #HatfieldMakesItEasier #CollectiveBias
These Keto Pizza rolls are filled with delicious Chorizo ground sausage, Gooey Mozzarella Cheese and a touch of Marinara sauce. Dip these in some extra warm Marinara sauce then you will be in pizza heaven.
Click here to pin these delectable keto Pizza rolls for later.
The blog post always has helpful tips and answers to FAQs to help you with the recipe. Remember to scroll back up for reference after using the jump to the recipe button.
Keto Pizza Rolls / Fathead Pizza rolls
These Keto Pizza rolls are an instant crowd pleaser I mean who wouldn't love a delicious pizza served in dunk-able roll ups? We love these around here.
Serve these as an appetizer, a snack or even a main dish this holiday and your carb loving family and friends would be wowed at your ingenuity.
My go to Ground sausage; The Hatfield®️ Recipe Essentials Ground Sausage is the star of this keto pizza rolls recipe. The taste of Hatfield Chorizo sausage in these fathead pizza rolls makes a world of difference.
Why do I love Hatfield Recipe Essentials?
I have been using the Hatfieid brand of products for a while and I totally love their products. I love to feed my family with products that are good for us.
Hatfieid is an American family owned company that produces ethically raised pork products.
Hatfield Recipe Essentials is their brand of ground sausages that helps make meal time fun and creative. You can create simple, delicious and flavorful meals in a breeze and without the hassle.
Hatfield Recipe essentials ground sausages come in 5 flavors and are Gluten Free. With these you can start getting creative with your recipes. The sausage flavors are listed below
- Hatfield Recipe Essentials Chorizo Ground Sausage
- Hatfield Recipe Essentials Ground Sweet Italian Sausage
- Hatfield Recipe Essentials Ground Sage Sausage
- Hatfield Recipe Essentials Ground Spicy Italian Sausage
- Hatfield Recipe Essentials Ground Pork
Where to buy Hatfieid Recipe Essentials from.
These are available in your favorite grocery stores in the cold meat section. I bought mine from Stop and Shop.
So if you are curious to find out why I love these products, don't miss this offer. These Keto Pizza Rolls are worth it.
How to make Keto Pizza Rolls / Keto Pizza Pinwheels
I used the my fathead dough recipe to make these delectable fathead pizza rolls. Filled them with yummy Hatfield Recipe essentials Chorizo ground sausage, mozzarella cheese and some marinara Marinara sauce,
When they are ready, dip or dunk them in warm Marinara Sauce OMG!! That's some pizza goodness right there.
Two ways to make Pizza rolls
There are two ways to make keto pizza rolls / keto pizza pinwheels
Keto pizza rolls Pull apart method
With this method, the rolls are arranged close together so that when they rise in the oven, they touch and stick together. You need to pull them apart to eat them.
Keto Pizza Pinwheel method
With this method, the rolls are arranged far apart so that they don't touch when they rise this way they bake in individual pieces. These pieces resemble pinwheels.
Ingredients for Fathead Pizza rolls (Keto Pizza Rolls)
You can either make fathead dough with almond flour or coconut flour if you have nut allergies. In this recipe I used my coconut flour fat head dough with a touch of Xanthan gum to help with elasticity since I would be rolling up the dough as opposed to rolling out as in pizza.
1. Xanthan gum
Traditional Pizza rolls are easier to make because the gluten in regular flour makes the dough stretchy and easy to roll up. Keto flours lack gluten so the stretch factor is missing
This helps add to the elasticity to the dough especially if you are using coconut flour. This is the one I use.
1.Shredded Mozzarella cheese
2. Cream cheese
How to serve Keto pizza rolls
These are a great appetizer for any holiday gathering or during the super bowl. Serve these with
Other filling ideas for Fathead Pizza Rolls
- Crumbled Bacon
- Left over Ham
If you loved this keto Pizza Rolls, then you would love these other yummy keto recipes on the blog.
If you found this post helpful, share by using the link to this page (not screen shots or copy / paste pls). Spread the love with family, friends and in your favorite Facebook group. Thank you for your support.
To a healthy lifestyle
Nutrition per Serving for these keto pizza rolls (makes 10 Servings)
Calories: 221 | Total Fat: 15.7g | Carbs 6.8g | Fibre: 3.2g | Protein: 15.1g | Net Carbs: 3.6g
Click here to pin these delectable Pizza rolls for later.
Keto Pizza rolls
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Cream cheese
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp Xanthan gum
- 1 tsp instant yeast optional
- 2 large eggs preferably cold
- ½ small onion finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp of oil
- ½ cup Marinara sauce
- ½ lb HatfieldRecipeessentialsgroundchorizosausage
- ½ cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
Make the filling
- Sauté onions in skillet then add the HatfieldRecipe Essentials Ground Chorizo Sausage.
- Break it up and cook till all pink is gone. Add ¼ cup of the marinade sauce and ¼ cup of water. Let it cook till added water evaporates.
- Turn off heat and set aside to cool. ( you can refrigerate to speed up the cooling process )
Make the dough
- Melt Shredded mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in the microwave in 30 mins intervals till well melted ( takes about 90 secs in mine)
- Add the coconut flour, Xanthan gum, baking powder and yeast ( if using ) mix together.
- Add the eggs and mix to form dough
Assemble the Pizza rolls
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Place dough between parchment paper and roll out to rectangle about 8 by 12
- Spread the rest of the marinara sauce on on the roller out dough
- Spread the cooked ground sausage
- Top off with the half cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Gently roll the dough up from the wider edge using the parchment paper to assist you.
- When rolled completely into a log, use a best scrape or knife to cut into 10 equal rolls. First cut in the middle into 2 equal parts then divide each log into 5 equal parts
- Transfer to a greased 8 inch round dish for the pizza pull apart method or line them on a cookie sheet for the pinwheel method.
- Bake for 25 mins in preheated oven
- Make the filling first so it cools down before using
- Stir the Cheeses in between while melting in the microwave so it doesn't burn. Alternatively use a double boiler.
- Add the flour and other dry ingredients before the eggs. This helps to reduce the temperature of the cheese so the chances of scrambling the eggs are reduced.
- I like to use cold eggs for the same reason above.
- The dough is easier to work with when cool especially when making pizza but for keto pizza rolls, don't let it get too cool it may crack when rolling up.