As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Keto Thumbprint Cookies are one of my favorite cookies to make. They are Christmas cookies you need to make all year round.
These Keto Thumbprint Cookies are easy to make, Gluten Free, Sugar free, Low carb and Grain Free but still delicious.
The blog post always has helpful tips and answers to FAQs to help you with the recipe. Remember to scroll back up for reference after using the jump to the recipe button.
Keto Thumbprint Cookies
Thumbprint print cookies are said to have originated from Sweden where they are called Hallongrotta meaning raspberry cave.
This is because of the jam filled indentation on Thumbprint Cookies. If you love the traditional Thumbprint Cookies or have missed it since you started the keto / lowcarb diet, here is some good news, you are about to make the best keto Thumbprint cookie ever.
What are Thumbprint Cookies?
Luckily we have my perfect keto shortbread dough to rely on. Have you tried my Keto Shortbread Fingers yet?
Make sure to bookmark that recipe it’s a keeper and would certainly impress you and your family and friends (Keto or not) during Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Keto Low carb Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies ingredients
For the dough, you would need
2. Blanched Almond flour
3. Vanilla extract
Vanilla extract Compliments this recipe please don’t skip.
4. Xanthan gum
Gluten Free flours like almond flour and coconut flour obviously lack gluten Xanthan gum helps to fill that gap. I would recommend you buy it since it’s used to improve the texture of keto baked good and a little goes a long way. I have had my bag for over a year with a lot of uses left.
How to make Keto Thumbprint Cookies
First make the dough see pictorial Guide below
Then mould the dough into small balls, make an indentation then fill with jam. Chill, Bake and enjoy. See Pictorial Guide below.
How to store Keto Thumbprint Cookies
Store them in a cookie jar or airtight container for up to 5 days. Even a ziplock back would work just fine ( Trust me, they don’t last that long mine finishes on day one ) except on days I make double batches.
You may find these tools handy for this recipe if you don’t already have them
How many carbs in Keto Jam Thumbprint Cookies
This Keto Thumbprint Cookies recipe makes 22 cookies with each cookie weighing about 20g/ 0.7oz. A serving of 3 cookies has just 1.9g.
Which Christmas cookie would you love to convert to Keto next. Leave me a comment and I would try my best to make it happen.
I hope you found this post helpful. If you did, kindly share with family and friends and in your favorite Facebook group. Remember to share the link to this page. Please do not copy and paste the whole recipe. Thank you.
To a healthy lifestyle,
Nutrition per Serving: (makes 7 Servings)
Calories: 153g | Total Fat: 14.9g | Carbs: 3.8g | Fibre: 1.9g | Protein: 0.8g | Net Carbs: 1.9g
★ Did you make this recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ below!
Keto Thumbprint Cookies
- 6 Tablespoons Butter softened
- 1/2 cup powdered Erythritol
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups Blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthan gum
- 2-3 Tbsp keto jam
- Mix Almond flour and Xanthan gum and set aside
- With a hand mixer or food processor mix butter and sweetener till light and fluffy
- Mix in eggs and vanilla extract till combined
- Add the almond flour / Xanthan gum mix into the wet ingredients and mix to combine
- The dough would be crumbly don't worry about.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon mat
- Scoop out dough by Tablespoonfuls onto your baking sheet till dough is out
- Roll each dough between you palms to make a smooth ball
- Make an indentation with your thumb then fill with jam
- Pop cookie dough into the refrigerator for 30 mins (optional but recommended step)
- About 5 mins before getting the dough out of the refrigerator, preheat oven to 350*F
- Bake Cookies for 20 mins turn off oven and let cookies sit on cookie sheet for about 8 mins then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- If you are in a pinch you can bake the cookies immediately without refrigerating the dough I just like refrigerating because it gives time for the flavors to blend in.
- If you are not refrigerating the dough preheat oven while moulding the dough
- When the cookies gets out of the oven, they will still be soft don't worry they harden as they cool.
- Store bought Jam gives a more glossy finish than homemade jam.
- I highly recommend erythritol based sweeteners for making cookies. Xylitol tends to keep cookies softer.