No jokes. This is the best Keto Cheese cake ever. Decadent, luscious and yet Low carb/ Keto? With just 4.8g net carbs per slice, Oh Yes!! This has got to be it.
If you’d like to jump to the recipe card, I would love you to know I usually include HELPFUL RECIPE TIPS and FAQs in the body of the post to help you get the recipe right. Remember to refer that later.
KETO CHEESECAKE RECIPE
My love for cheese cake knows no boundaries so you can only imagine my joy when I found out it can easily be made into a keto friendly dessert. Truth you won't even know it's not your regular sugar and carbs filled dessert. This is 200% Keto!!!
Cheese cake is one of those desserts that is doctored to become ketofied and yet tastes even better than the original. This is not a case of swapping cauliflower for rice which we all know isn't exactly like rice. For Cheese cake to Keto cheese cake, this is an identical swap.
How is Keto Cheese Cake different from the Traditional Cheese cake
Traditionally cheese cake is made with the following ingredients; Graham crackers and butter crust, cream cheese, sugar, cornstarch or flour ( to stabilize the cheese cake) and sour cream or heavy cream for the filling.
For the keto cheese cake, you swap out the graham crackers, butter crust for an almond flour and butter based crust, swap out the sugar for a keto friendly powdered sweetener. Leave out the flour and that's it. The best Keto cheese cake ever.
How can I make my Keto cheese cake crust nut free?
If you have nut allergies, not to worry I've got you covered. Swap the almond flour in the crust with coconut flour. Make sure to start with a ⅓ of the quantity required for the almond ( 1 cup of almond flour : ⅓ cup of coconut flour) Because of the moisture absorbing property of coconut flour, you can't swap it in a 1:1 ratio with almond flour.
Alternatively you can make a crustless keto cheese cake which is equally delicious with even fewer carbs since you eliminated the carbs coming from the almond or coconut flour crust.
How can I prevent my cheese cake from cracking on top.
Before you panic, cracking isn't a bad thing really especially since most of the time, the top of the cheese cake is covered with fruits or frosting. That being said we need to know why the top of cheese cakes crack, then we can try to prevent it from happening
Cheese cakes crack due to the following reasons
- Cooking on high temperature
- Sudden temperature changes which may be caused by opening the door suddenly , too early or too often.
- Cooking the cheese cake for too long. It becomes over baked, dry and crumbly with a cracked top.
Now we know why cheese cakes crack, let's dive into how to fix it.
- Cook cheese cake on a low temperature for a longer time versus a high temperature for a long or shorter time
- Let cheese cake cool completely in the oven with the oven door slightly cranked open.
- Bake in a water bath. This is the last option for me because sometimes even with a water bath I still get cracks on my cheese cake. But a combination of 1 and 2 above with or without a water bath has always got me crack free cheese cakes most of the time at least 95% of the time.
Like I said cracks on your cheese cake isn't the end of the world, just slather some keto friendly topping on it and you are good to go.
What kind of toppings can be used for Keto Cheese Cakes.
There are two kinds of topping used on cheese cakes, the fruit toppings and the non fruit toppings.
For fruit toppings
Make sure to use keto friendly fruits like blueberriesa, strawberries, black berries or raspberries to make your fruit topping. I like to use my strawberry compote as a fruit topping for my keto cheese cakes
Non fruit toppings
- Keto Cream cheese frosting
- Keto Sour cream topping
- Keto Chocolate frosting
How to make the best Keto Cheese cake
Line the bottom and sides of your cheese cake pan with parchment paper
Cover bottom of spring form pan with heavy duty aluminum foil if using water bath.
Mix your crust ingredients together and bake for 8 mins in the oven. Bring it out and allow to cool.
Mix the cream cheese and powdered sweetener together, add the eggs one at a time, then add the lemon juice and sour cream mix till every thing is well blended in.
Pour mix over the cooled crust and bake in a water bath.
What you need to make Keto Cheese Cake
- All ingredients must be at room temperature to get the perfect lump free texture.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or a food processor. You can also use a hand mixer or a stand mixer.
- Bake the cheese cake in a lower temperature whether you are using a water bath or not.
- Use a kitchen timer.
- When the cheese cake is ready, it should look a bit under baked firm at the edges and a jiggly center.
- If using the water bath method, make sure to use a heavy duty aluminum foil wide enough to cover the outside of your pan in one piece. It really helps to prevent water seeping into the base while baking.
I know this post is long but I needed to give you all the tips and tricks to get this delectable dessert right whenever you make it. Want to see how I make my keto cheese cake? Let's get started.
To a healthy lifestyle!
Nutrition per Serving: (makes 12 Servings)
Calories: 422 | Total Fat: 39.4g | Carbs: 6.3g | Fibre: 1.5g | Protein: 0.3g | Net Carbs: 4.8g
★ Did you make this recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ below!
The Best Keto Cheese cake
- Cake mixer
- Parchment paper
- Springform pan
- 1 ½ cup Almond flour
- ¼ cup butter melted after measuring it when solid
- 2 tablespoon erythritol
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
Keto Cheese cake filling
- 4 8 oz packs of block cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup Powdered Erythritol/monkfruit blend
- 4 Large eggs
- ½ Tb spoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup sour cream or heavy cream
- Sour cream topping
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered erythritol
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line spring form pan with parchment paper.
- If you are using a water bath, cover the out side of the pan with aluminum foil see pictorial guide in the post.
- Mix erythritol, almond flour, melted butter and vanilla together till combined.
- Transfer into the lined spring form pan press down with your hands till it is uniformly distributed. Use the bottom of a glass cup or a measuring cup to level the crust and smoothen it.
- Bake in the oven for 8- 10 mins
- Then let it cool completely on the counter top.
- While the crust is cooling, make the Keto cheese cake filling
- Beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar till smooth.
- Add one egg at a time and beat till incorporated.
- Add the vanilla extract and lemon juice. Beat to incorporate
- Then add the sour cream or heavy cream and beat till well combined.
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Pour keto cheese cake filling over the completely cooled crust. Tap the bottom to release air bubbles.
- Put the cheese cake in the middle rack and bake for 45 to 50 mins. The center of the cheese cake should look under-baked and jiggly.
- Turn off heat, crank open oven door slightly and hold it open with a wooden spatula.
- Let cheese cake cool completely in the oven
If using a water bath
- Put the cheese cake pan into a bigger pan. Put it in the oven pour in some hot water half way up that cheese cake pan. Then bake like above.
- The Sour cream topping.
- Mix Sour cream, vanilla and powdered sweetener till smooth.
- Pour over the cooled cheese cake then refrigerate Cheese cake for up to 6hrs or over night.