As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Smooth, Creamy and perfect Keto cauliflower mash. Without batting an eyelid, I would say this is the best cauliflower mash ever.
So why is this the best cauliflower mash? That’s a great question. I would love to answer that by saying that I am not known to exaggerate.
If a recipe isn’t good I won’t share it with you. If a recipe is great then I would go all out to let you know it is so that if you’ve been sitting on the fence about it, you can get off and make it already.
Just like I highly recommend my Keto bread for bread lovers, I totally recommend this cauliflower mash aka caulimash if you are a mashed potato lover.
I won’t say you won’t notice the difference cos you would but this is so darn good and so close that the difference won’t matter. You’ve got to try this.
What is cauliflower mash or what is caulimash.
As the name implies, caulimash /cauliflower mash is simply mashed cauliflower. It serves as a substitute to mashed potatoes if you are on a keto or low carb diet
How to make Keto mashed Cauliflower.
Make sure to watch that video. That’s the easiest way to learn how to make this keto mashed cauliflower.
To get the creamiest, silkiest mashed cauliflower, you need to have a few tricks under your belt.
- Remove as much stems as you can when cutting up the cauliflower. It may take a while to do that but well worth it.
- I like to cook my cauliflower in the microwave. If you’d prefer to cook the cauliflower on the stove top, you would need to use a steam basket. Cooking the cauliflower in the pot without a steam basket will add more water to an already water laden vegetable. Alternatively you can roast the cauliflower.
- Cook cauliflower till very soft so it blends easily.
- Use an immersion blender or a food processor. I used my ninja blender because it has blades that go right up and can serve as a food processor. I highly recommended a food processor or immersion blender is because it takes away the need for more liquid when puréeing the cauliflower which will be the case with a standard blender.
- Cream cheese and Parmesan cheese add flavor and texture to this keto mashed cauliflower ‘potatoes ‘
How many carbs in mashed cauliflower Potatoes
These are not potatoes but are called potatoes because Cauliflower kind of replaces potatoes on a keto diet. Not an apple for apple thing, in fact not even close but definitely a great option. A serving of this cauliflower mash has just 3.5g net carbs
How to make Vegan cauliflower mash
To make vegan cauliflower mash, swap the butter, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese in this recipe for vegan butter, vegan cream cheese and vegan Parmesan cheese and you are golden. Easy Right?
Can Keto mashed cauliflower be made ahead
Yes you can make Keto mashed cauliflower ahead. Simply make the cauliflower mash. Let it cool, then freeze.
Can you freeze keto Cauliflower mash.
Cauliflower mash Freezes well and warms up nicely.
Handy Tools to make keto cauliflower mash
- A good Steam basket if steaming cauliflower on stove top
Other Cauliflower recipes to try
- Nigerian Cauliflower Jollof rice
- Cauliflower fried rice
I hope you found this post helpful. If you did, kindly share with family and friends and in your favorite Facebook group. Remember to share the link to this page. Please do not copy and paste the whole recipe. Thank you.
To a healthy lifestyle,
Nutrition per Serving: (makes 6 Servings)
Calories: 91| Total Fat: 5.6g | Carbs: 7g| Fibre: 3.5g | Protein: 4.5g | Net Carbs: 3.5g
How to make keto cauliflower mash
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp butter soft
- 2 Tbsp cream cheese soft
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic optional
- 1/8 tsp salt or to taste
- Parsley leaves for garnish optional
- Cut up cauliflower removing as much of the stems as you can
- Put in a microwave safe bowl with 3 Tbsp of water then microwave on high for 8 mins till florets are soft and mushy.
- Transfer cooked cauliflower floret to food processor, add butter, garlic, salt, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Blend till smooth and creamy
- Serve warm with more butter topped with parsley flakes