As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Low carb Keto blueberry sauce that’s perfect for cheesecakes, waffles, pancakes and breads. This is a perfect sugar free treats that takes baked goods from bland to amazing. It’s so good you would need to restrain yourself from licking it off your spoon as you scoop it out.
It’s an easy recipe that requires a few low carb pantry ingredients and gets ready in less than 20 mins. Let me show you exactly how to make this versatile low carb sauce.
Keto Low carb Blueberry Sauce.
This sauce is all shades of perfection with ingredients that are wholesome, sugar free, low carb and keto. Yes keto! You may be wondering, aren’t fruits loaded with natural sugars, and last time I checked, sugars including natural sugars from fruits can kick you out of ketosis.
Yes you are right to a large extent but the good news is that fruits like blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and avocados ( yes it’s a fruit) are keto friendly fruits. With this, you are definitely not order.
Are blueberries keto friendly and keto approved?
blueberries are keto friendly and keto approved but have a higher carb content per 100gm than raspberries, blackberries and strawberries. 100gm of blueberries which is approximately 3 handfuls contains about 12 g net Carbs while strawberries, raspberries and blackberries contain 6g, 5g and 5g of net carbs per 100g of the fruit respectively. Therefore like every good thing, it should be eaten in moderation.
If you are super worried about the carb content, you can swap out the blueberries in this recipe in the same amount with strawberries, raspberries or blackberries to make you strawberry, raspberry or blackberry sauce respectively.
Ingredients needed for this recipe
- Fresh Blueberries
- Lemon juice
- Sweetener of choice (I used classic monkfruit erythritol blend.)
Frozen or Fresh Blueberries which is best.
You can use either one to make this blueberry sauce. When using frozen blueberries, be aware that there would more liquid in the blueberries from condensation.
Therefore you might want to skip the water in this recipe. It will also take longer to cook down depending on the consistency you are aiming for.
How to make keto blueberry sauce with step by step photos
This is an over view of the recipe with step by step pictures. Full recipe can be found in the printable recipe carb at the bottom of this page.
Pic 1-3; add lemon juice to blueberry then add sweetener.
Pic 4-6; Bring to boil, Lower heat and cook to desired consistency.
Recipes that use Keto blueberry sauce and how to use it.
- No bake blueberry cheese cake
- Use with Greek yogurt
- Serve it with keto French toast
- Topping for the best keto cheese cake.
- Topping for keto pancakes or waffles
- Keto oatmeal alternative
How to store.
This keto friendly sauce keeps well in the refrigerator for up to a week. After cooking the sauce, let it cool completely before storage.
When it’s completely cooled, transfer to a clean mason jar and store in the refrigerator. Use as needed in any recipe or dessert of choice.
Quick recipe notes and tips
- Lemon juice is optional but recommended because it complements the sauce
- Depending on what you want to use the sauce for, you can leave the blueberries slightly whole ( when using as a pancake and cheesecake toppings) or mash till smooth for no bake cheesecake.
Other Keto blueberry recipes
- Keto blueberry bread
- Keto Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
- Keto blueberry Chia jam
- Keto strawberry blueberry compote
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave me a comment and please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in your favorite Facebook group so others can enjoy it too.
Keto Blueberry sauce (Low carb blueberry sauce)
- 12 oz blueberries
- 1/4 cup powdered sweetener
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp water.
- Add all ingredients to saucepanand stir to combine. Turn heat on to medium low. Cook till blueberries break down and sauce thickens.
- If you want a smoother texture, mash with a potato masher or purée with a stick blender.
- Let it cool and use on pancakes and other deserts