As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Nut free Fat head dough with coconut flour is the perfect dough for anyone who has nut allergies and can’t have the original fathead dough made with almond flour. This nut free fathead dough recipe can be used to make anything from fathead bread, pizza dough, burger bun and lots more. You won’t even notice that it’s made from coconut flour.
Click here to Save Coconut flour Fathead dough for later
The blog post always has helpful tips to help you with the recipe. Remember to scroll back up for reference after you jump to the recipe.
Fat head dough with Coconut flour
If you haven’t heard of the famous fathead dough that rocked the low carb world a few year ago then you would be pleasantly surprised because your keto / low carb life just got better with the addition of this magical dough to your recipe Arsenal.
Do you heart bread? Do You miss pizza? Then this coconut fathead dough will definitely bring joy to any one who is on low carb journey and is bread at heart.
Coconut Flour VS Almond Flour?
Coconut flour is a super absorbent flour so it can’t be substituted 1:1 for Almond flour. Depending on the recipe, you might need to use 1/4 or 1/3 cup of coconut flour for 1 cup of almond flour.
Also for coconut flour recipes, you will need extra liquid, depending on the recipe it could be more eggs or milk to get the right texture for your recipe. Some times you may use an extra egg per extra 1/4 cup of coconut flour.
Most importantly you should know that not all Almond recipes can be converted to a coconut flour recipe. When converting almond flour recipes check for feel and texture.
Nut free fat head pizza
Ingredients needed to make Nut free Fat head Dough with coconut flour
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Yeast (optional )
I always add yeast to any keto bread I because it enhances the flavor. It’s not there as a rising agent. The baking powder in most of my keto recipe that contains yeast is the rising agent. This recipe does not require baking powder but my nut free bread does and I combine the two ingredients (yeast and baking powder)
How to make fathead dough with coconut flour
The original fathead dough recipe was made with almond flour. Which is very delicious but unfortunately people with nut allergies can’t partake of that deliciousness hence the creation of a great alternative- Coconut flour fathead dough.
Coconut flour was used as a substitute to almond flour in the original recipe. But since coconut flour is a much more absorbent flour than almond flour it can’t be substituted one for one with almond flour. See recipe card for full details and instructions.
1. Melt Cheeses together in the microwave or with a double boiler or even in your stove top. Make sure cheeses are uniformly melted
2. Mix in the flour and cold eggs. I like to use cold eggs for my fathead doughs because I believe it reduces the chances of the egg getting scrambled from the heat from that cheese and also because it helps me handle the dough better.
3. Use the dough. If you are making pizza with the dough pre bake. If making bread or bagels, you don’t need to pre bake the dough.
What do you need to make Nut free fat head dough
Tools needed to make fat head dough
- Your hands. If you don’t want to use your hands, you may find it easier to use a Food processor.
- The good news is that making fathead dough using coconut flour is a lot easier to handle than with almond flour.
- Because of the absorptive property of coconut flour, the dough comes together quicker and is usually less sticky.
Quick Recipe Notes and Tips
- When mixing with my hands, I mix the fathead dough in this order; melted cheese, flour , then eggs. I do this because the cheese is still warm and i don’t want my eggs cooked from the heat. Adding the flour first to kind of reduced the temperature of the cheese.
- When mixing with a food processor, mix in this order: flour, eggs then melted cheese.
- For the modified version of this dough, add 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder and 2 teaspoons of erythritol to this recipe to make pretzel bites or cinnamon pretzel nuggets.
Other Nut free Fat head dough recipes
- Fat head dough with ground golden flax seeds.
- Fathead dough with ground sesame seeds.
Note that for the above flours. Use the fathead dough recipe with almond flour since they swap 1:1 to almond flour.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave me a comment and please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in your favorite Facebook group so others can enjoy it too.
To a healthy lifestyle,
Nut free Fat head dough
- 1 1/2 cup Shredded mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Tbsp (4 ocream cheese
- 2 large cold eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 Tbsp Instant Yeast optional for flavor
- Mix dry ingredients (coconut flour and instant yeast if using) and set aside.
- Melt cheese in the microwave are 30 secs intervals until evenly melted.
- Add dry ingredients to melted cheese and mix to combine. Then add the cold eggs. Mix together to form a cohesive dough ball.
- Let it rest for about 5 minutes then use for pizza dough.
- This is my standard nut free fat head dough for pizza and pretzels. If you are making bread, cinnamon rolls or keto soft pretzel bites with it, you should used my modified dough version where you need to add baking powder to the recipe. See my nut free fat head bread recipe for guidance.
- Cheeses can be melted in a double boiler as well.
- I like my fathead dough slightly sweetened so I add erythritol to it.
- The yeast is important for flavor. Makes it have that bread taste you may be craving.