Looking for a sugar free keto glaze that’s perfect for your cakes, donuts, quick breads and other baked goods? This sugar free glaze is definitely what you need to eat your cake and have it. It’s easy to make and requires 3 ingredients and is easily adaptable to suit your needs.
Keto Glaze Recipe
Everyone deserves an occasional sweet treat irrespective of your choice of diet. The good news is that like cheesecakes, keto glaze for cake or any other baked goods is one of the easiest recipes you can swap out ingredients to create a keto sugar free version. The
It’s true not all sweeteners convert one to one with sugar. However making a sugarfree glaze is very possible. The fact that erythritol and allulose are 70% as sweet as sugar (which simply means they are not as sweet as sugar), won’t matter in a glaze recipe.
Just to for your information, Monkfruit is 150 to 200 times sweeter than sugar, however monkfruit erythritol blend is as sweet as sugar so converts one to one. Like I said this won’t really matter in a glaze recipe because we are mixing a certain amount of powder with liquid.
The way to walk around this will be by taste. If your baked goods are already sweet enough then go with an allulose or erythritol glaze that won’t be too sweet. However if your baked goods aren’t sweetened enough to your taste, go with the monkfruit-erythritol blend.
Ingredients needed for a sugar free glaze
The ingredients needed to make a sugar free glaze will depend on the flavor you are aiming for and the baked good you intend to use it for.
You can decide to make a light glaze for quick breads, a thicker glaze for Bundt cakes or donuts. You can also make some chocolate glaze as well. For this recipe I made a simple vanilla glaze. I have also included options for different types of glaze.
What you need for a simple glaze
- Powdered Sweetener of choice*. I prefer to use allulose for glazes since it doesn’t have the cooling and crystalizing effect erythritol has. If you don’t have sugar free powdered sugar at home, check out my post on how to make homemade sugar free powdered sugar.
- Water or milk
- Vanilla extract
*Got some goodies for you friends! If you choose to buy your keto sweeteners from this online store, Use LCHEALTHCLUB10 to get 10% off your entire purchase.
How to make a Keto glaze (Sugar free glaze)
Step 1: Gather your and tools
Step 2: Mix it all up
Step 3: Glaze baked goods
How to store
A simply glaze made with only water and vanilla extract can keep at room temperature for a day or two but is best stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
If the glaze is milk or fruit based, store leftovers in the refrigerator and use within 3 days. You should not store milk based at room temperature.
To use, let glaze come to room temperature, then mix it up as sweetener may have settled at the bottom.
Recipe variations (Types of Keto glaze)
- Simple Vanilla Keto glaze: Made with powdered sweetener, water or a milk and vanilla extract. It is drizzled on cakes and breads.
- Keto Citrus glaze (sugar free lemon glaze or orange): Made with powdered sweetener, water and juice of a citrus fruit (you can also use some zest) for a dairy free version. Heavy cream is added instead of water if you are making a dairy glaze.
- Sugar free Keto Chocolate glaze: Made with powdered sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, vanilla extract, water or milk.
- Keto Mocha glaze: Add some coffee to the keto chocolate glaze.
- Spice glaze: Add some cinnamon or pumpkin spice to the simply glaze.
- Cream cheese glaze: A very light cream cheese frosting made with cream cheese, sweetener and heavy cream or water.
Quick Recipe Notes and Tips
- Use powdered sweetener* to make this glaze. If you do not have powdered sweetener and have the granular sweetener, I also have a recipe on how to make your own sugar free powdered sugar.
- Add liquid a little at a time till you achieve the consistency you are aiming for.
- Let bake goods cool before drizzling the glaze on.
- When making a citrus glaze I have found the flavor overpowering when I use only juice and sweetener. I decided to either use a mix of water and citrus juice with powdered sweetener or I use only water and then use the citrus extract and zest.
Tools used to make a sugar free glaze
Click the links below to see the tools or similar products I used in this recipe
Some Keto Recipes that use glaze.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Leave me a comment and please share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in your favorite Facebook group so others can enjoy it too.
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the latest updates!
Keto Glaze (Sugar free glaze)
- 1 cup Powdered Keto Sweetener
- 3-4 Tablespoons Water or heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (or extract of choice like lemon or orange extract)
- Add water or heavy cream to powdered sweetener starting with 2 Tablespoons.
- Add vanilla extract, mix to combine.
- Check consistency of glaze and add more liquid to your desired consistency.
- Glaze your baked good
- Sweetener may settle slightly to the bottom on standing or storage. all you need to do is whisk it to combine.
Leave a Reply