This post may contain Affiliate links, please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Homemade shredded cheese gives you the real benefits of cheese without the fillers. trust me on this one. It tastes better and you feel good for treating your body right.
Homemade shredded cheese is easy to make and doesn’t take much of your time. All you will need is your block of cheese and your food processor or box grater.
Why should I grate my cheese at home when I can buy it in store?
- Saves you and I money.
- Cheese is so easy to shred.
- It’s not time consuming.
- Most store bought cheese are filled with fillers and additives most of these fillers are starch like cellulose. Cellulose powder is used in commercial shredded cheese to keep it from sticking
- It’s a healthier option for same reason above
- Homemade shredded cheese tastes better
What can I use shredded cheese for?
- Cheesy egg muffins
- Keto pizza dough aka fat head dough
Type of cheese to shred
Any block cheese can be shredded some examples include
- Pepper jack
- Cheddar cheese
What you need to shred your cheese
A block of cheese or more
A box grater or a flat one
How to store Homemade Shredded cheese
Simple just put unused portion in a freezer bag and store.
Now have I convinced you go shred your cheese at home.
If you try a recipe, please share it using the hashtag #lowcarbhealthclub or by tagging @lowcarbhealthclub on INSTAGRAM! Follow Lowcarbhealthclub on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of the latest recipes and updates.
To a healthy lifestyle
PS: It always nice to share! If you enjoy using this website and would like to support Chichiuguru.com, kindly share this post on Social Media, it makes it possible for me to keep sharing these low carb tips and yummy recipes for FREE!
Pin Recipe For Later
Homemade shredded cheese
- 1 pack 8 oz block of cheese
- Grate cheese with the desired perforation size on your grater
- Use immediately or freeze for later